Care of Your Chair and Cushion
Papasan chair frames require very little in the way of maintenance and should give years of problem free enjoyment. The papasan rattan frame needs only occasional light dusting or wiping down with a damp cloth.
Although rattan may be used outdoors, it’s best not to leave it in the sun or otherwise exposed to the elements. Keep your rattan furniture from getting wet by keeping it indoors and preferably out of direct sunlight and the furniture will last long and look better.
To retain plumpness the papasan cushions should be flipped and turned on a monthly basis.
All our papasan cushions are spot clean only due to their buttoning details and we do not recommend dry cleaning.
The cleaning technique will vary according to the severity and type of stain. We do suggest using the spot-cleaning technique to clean only the places that need it. This will help your papasan cushion to last much longer and maintain its original texture.
- Water is best but if you need to use a mild detergent use one that is designed for hand washing and just on the areas that need cleaning.
- Gently rub the water or soap in with your fingers. Just take care not to be too rough in your rubbing so you don’t damage the pile.
- Wipe the surface with cold water until all the suds are gone.
- Dry the faux fur area by first, shaking it as best you can to fluff the faux fur and to get rid of any excess water on the surface. Then remove any additional excess water from the cushion by patting it with a thick towel.
- Only air-dry faux fur fabrics.
- Choose a place that’s well ventilated for air drying. You may want to put it outside in the summer or add a fan to speed the drying process.
- Lay it flat.
- Carefully brush and fluff up the faux fur item to help it dry.
Keep soft furnishings looking good by keeping them out of direct sunlight and do not allow them to get wet. They need to be stored indoors to prevent mould.
Removable Zip Cushion Covers
Available in 100% Polyester or 100% cotton your washable zip cover will come with a recommended washing and care guide which will ensure long-term enjoyment of your papasan cushion cover.
Our 100% cotton fabric has been washed and dried before being cut to ensure our fabric is preshrunk, so your zip cover is ready to go.